Thursday, September 4, 2008

No Fun For Lukas Podolski in Bayern Munich

Your Ad Here

Bayern Munich : Lukas PodolskiBayern Munich striker Lukas Podolski has admitted it was a mistake to move to the Bundesliga champions two years ago.

The Germany international joined Bayern from Cologne in 2006.

Podolski has not managed to hold down a regular starting berth in the Bayern first team over the past two years and, despite impressing in pre-season, does not seem set to do so this season either.

"Obviously, it is not so much fun at Bayern right now," he said.

"If things go on like this then I will have to consider my options.

"I would be a bad footballer if I were to be happy with a place on the bench. I am not moaning, I am just angry not to be starting games."

Podolski's affection for Cologne remains strong, though, and should they be able to accumulate enough funds to buy him in January, the Germany striker would not think twice.

"Cologne would always be an option for me and everybody knows that," he added.

"If I were to receive offers, it would be negligent of me not to consider them.

Bayern's next game is against Cologne and, should Podolski score, he has promised not to celebrate - like when he scored against Poland, his family's home country, at Euro 2008.

News Courtsey: Sportinglife.com

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home