Monday, January 12, 2009

89 Minutes for David Beckham In His Debut in Serie A

Your Ad Here

David Beckham against Matteo BrighiDavid Beckham made a start in his AC Milan debut on Sunday (11th Jan, 2009), playing 89 minutes in a 2-2 draw against AS Roma.

The English midfielder was replaced by Mathieu Flamini in the 89th minute. He exited mostly to boos from the Roma crowd.

"I felt good in the game, very strong and I enjoyed it," Beckham said. "I enjoyed playing with these players and in this city."

Beckham joined Milan on a two-month loan from the Los Angeles Galaxy of Major League Soccer, hoping to stay sharp so he can earn a spot on the English national team.

"I don't want to have regrets in my career," Beckham said. "I am very lucky to have this chance with this great club and I want to enjoy it."

News and Image Source: Associates Press

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home