Tuesday, July 29, 2008

US Gymnast Paul Hamm Withdraws From Olympics

Your Ad Here

US Gymnast : Paul Hamm25-year-old American Gymnast Paul Hamm siad on Monday that he will not be able to participate at this year's Beijing Olympics and defend US men's all-round title.

Hamm broke his right hand two months ago at the National Championships, which he said that it did not heal enough to make him fit for the tournament. He notified his withdrwal from the Olympics to USA Gymnastics and the U.S. Olympic Committee on Monday.

He is still feeling pain in his right hand, but the bigger concern could be the strained rotator cuff in his left shoulder that made training last week "a disaster."
US Gymnast : Raj Bhavsar

"For my comeback to be successful, I needed to make continuous progress and have no setbacks ...The time frame I was given was extremely short. ... This has been hardest decision I've ever had to make, but I have too much respect for the Olympics and my team to continue on when I know the best thing for everyone is for me to step aside." - Paul Hamm.

Raj Bhavsar, who also was an alternate in 2004, will take Hamm's spot.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home