Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Abby Wambach Expects To Return In Spring

Your Ad Here

Injured U.S. star Abby Wambach said she expects to return in time for the debut of the new Women's Professional Soccer league in the spring.

The national team's leading scorer knew when she collided with a Brazilian player last Wednesday her leg was broken and she'd miss the Olympics.

"I looked down and my knee was pointing up and my foot was pointing in a little bit different direction," she said after her first physical therapy session Monday. It was her first major injury.

"Have I cried tears over it?" she said. "Yeah, this is a horrible accident and very bad timing. But I don't feel sorry for myself because this is what my life has shown me."

News Courtsey: Chicagotribune.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home