Saturday, January 24, 2009

Ana Ivanovic Crashed by 19-Year-Old Alisa Kleybanova in Australian Open

Your Ad Here

Alisa Kleybanova
Russia's Alisa Kleybanova

Ana Ivanovic
Serbia's Ana Ivanovic

Ana Ivanovic’s hopes of a return trip to the Australian Open final fell apart in a barrage of mistakes on Friday as Russia’s Alisa Kleybanova ousted her 7-5, 6-7(5), 6-2 in the third round.

With 19-year-old Kleybanova constantly aggressive, fifth-ranked Ivanovic lost her serve nine times and finished with 50 unforced errors to just 23 winners.

"It's just great to play a match like this. I'm so happy that I pulled through, because it was not just a normal win. I really felt that I played almost my best tennis today. It was so exciting to be out there," the 29th seed told the official Australian Open Web site.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home