Monday, January 19, 2009

Cricket: "DADA" Saurav Ganguly Felicitated At Eden Gardens

Your Ad Here

Saurav Ganguly at Eden GardensThe Cricket Association of Bengal (CAB) Sunday gave a colourful farewell to former India captain Sourav Ganguly on 18th January at Eden Gardens.

With the well decked up Eden Gardens as the venue, cricket administrators, politicians and fellow cricketers recalled the left-hander's significant contribution to the game and dwelt on various facets of his personality to make it a memorable evening.

Ganguly was presented a bat made of one kg gold priced at Rs 2.5 million as confetti was showered and the who's who of Kolkata watched in rapt attention every moment of the function christened 'Celebrating a legend".

Speaking on the occasion, CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya traced Ganguly's development from a flamboyant talent to a cricketer who was maturity personified.

An overwhelmed Sourav said: “The last time I had so much glitter on me was during daughter Sana’s birthday. It gives me immense pleasure to be present here. I’ve spent my entire life at this ground… The first time I came here was when I was 13 and I represented Bengal in a U-15 game versus Orissa. This is one of the best grounds and I consider myself lucky and privileged to have played here. I can’t remember having lost a Test match here,” Sourav said in his sweet speech.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home