Friday, June 20, 2008

Bastian Schweinsteiger: "We Showed The German character"

Your Ad Here

SchweinsteigerGermany is the first team in Euro 2008 to reach semifinal after defeating Portugal 3-2. Without their trainer Joachim Löw for this match, they defeated one of the favorites of Euro 2008, Portugal.

Key play-maker for Germany was Bastian Schweinsteiger. He opened the scoring for Germany in the 24th minute. The other 2 goals for Germany were scored by Klose and Ballack, where Schweinsteiger had a part to play too. His crosses in the box were too much for the Portuguese defense.

After the match Schweinsteiger had these to say:

“I am extremely happy that we won the game. We are now amongst the top four and have knocked one of the best teams out of the tournament. We played for the trainer tonight. I knew that I made a mistake against Croatia, so I wanted to help the team as much as I possibly could."

“In football anything is possible and tonight we showed the German character.”

I really like this term -German Character.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home