Monday, February 2, 2009

Michael Phelps "Sorry" For His Marijuana Pipe Photo

Your Ad Here

Michael Phelps Taking Marijuana
Michael Phelps Taking Marijuana
Career Ending Picture : Michael Phelps inhales from bong

Olympic swimming star Michael Phelps has apologized for his "regrettable" behavior after photographs surfaced of the athlete using a glass pipe associated with cannabis use.


British newspaper the News of the World published a shot of the gold medal-winning athlete holding the pipe - more commonly referred to as a bong - to his lips at a party in South Carolina that took place in November.

The publication alleges that Phelps was at a house visiting his secret girlfriend, student Jordan Matthews - and left partygoers shocked with his behavior.

In a statement released on Sunday, Phelps says, "I engaged in behavior which was regrettable and demonstrated bad judgment.

"I'm 23 years old, and despite the successes I have had in the pool, I acted in a youthful and inappropriate way, not in a manner that people have come to expect from me.

"For this, I am sorry. I promise my fans and the public, it will not happen again."

News Courtesy: http://www.kjrh.com/
Image Courtesys: http://wcco.com/ and "News of the World"

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home